Thoughts on Netflix's BEEF
- It’s well-made and deserving of praise, especially for exploring areas of the Asian American experience that have not been dramatized in highly-publicized mainstream works.
- Personally, I’d be disappointed if the controversy around David Choe brings it down.
- Even if Choe was just joking in bad taste, he’s an adult and should know better
- Choe, Steven Yeun and Ali Wong are established enough media figures in my opinion that they should have anticipated the situation and possible public response.
- Their reaction is clumsy and only amplifies the feeling Choe is guilty of something, and frankly, they are going to reap what they sowed.